Keep you car environmentally friendly.| Body Shop Queens NYC
Follow these simple tips to have a green car that is more in tune with the world around. (body shop queens nyc)
Just by changing a few driving habits, motorists can do their part in helping the environment, say the experts at the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). ASE recommends regular vehicle maintenance and better driving habits as two easy-to-implement strategies. What’s more, improved automotive habits will help your vehicle last longer and command a better resale price.(body shop queens nyc)
The following tips from ASE can put you on the road to environmentally conscious car care:
- Keep the engine running at peak performance. A misfiring spark plug can reduce fuel efficiency as much as 30 percent. Replace filters and fluids as recommended in the owner’s manual.(body shop queens nyc)
- Don’t ignore that ‘Service Engine’ light. Today’s vehicles have much cleaner tailpipe emissions that they did 30 years ago, but a poorly running engine or faulty exhaust system will cause your vehicle to pollute much more than it would otherwise.
- Keep tires properly inflated and aligned. Not only will you reduce the engine’s effort and, thus, gasoline consumption, your tires will last longer too, saving you money and easing the burden at recycling centers.(body shop queens nyc)
- Have your vehicle’s air conditioner serviced only by a technician certified to handle and recycle refrigerants. Older air conditioners contain ozone-depleting chemicals, which could be released into the atmosphere through improper service.
- Avoid speeding and sudden accelerations. Both of these habits guzzle gas. When waiting for friends or family, shut off the engine. Consolidate daily errands to one trip to eliminate unnecessary driving.
- Remove excess items from the vehicle. Less weight equals better gas mileage. Remove that roof-top luggage carrier after vacations to reduce air drag, too.(body shop queens nyc)
- If you do your own repairs, properly dispose of engine fluids and batteries. Some repair facilities accept these items from consumer. You can also contact local government for hazardous material drop-off/recycling stations. Remember too that improperly disposed fluids such as antifreeze can harm pets and wildlife.
Auto body repair 11374, Auto body repair NYC, Auto body repair ny, Auto body collision repair 11374, auto collision repairs, Auto Body Repair Queens NY
More updates at our other social media pages:
#auto #autorepair #car #carrepair #local #repair #repairshop#carrepiarshop #proshop #collisionrepair #collision #spiecialist#restoration #carinspection #autobody #autobodyrepair #carpaint #NY#NYc #localrepairshop #accidentrepairs #dentrepair #dents #newyorkcity#carinspections